The American Theatre Guild Early Bird Sweepstakes
Renew your 2019-20 season membership during the early bird dates listed below, and you will be automatically entered for a chance to win a trip for two to New York City to see three Broadway shows!
- Round-trip airfare for two
- Hotel accommodations for up to three nights
- Tickets to three Broadway shows
Early Bird Dates: Friday, January 25, 2019 through Tuesday, February 26, 2019
RULES & CONDITIONS
2019 AMERICAN THEATRE GUILD BROADWAY GETAWAY SWEEPSTAKES
Please read these rules before entering the Sweepstakes. By entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements set forth below.
1. ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASING A PRODUCT OR SERVICE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Open to legal residents of the United States who are at least the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside on the date of entry into this sweepstakes (the “Entrant”). Employees, officers and directors of Theater League, Inc and American Theatre Guild, Inc., and their respective affiliated companies, agents, franchisees, licensees, successors and assigns, its distributors, vendors, advertising, marketing, and promotions agencies, prize providers and suppliers and any other individual or company involved in the development or execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, referred to as the “Sponsor”) as well as their immediate family members (spouses, siblings, children and parents, regardless of where they live, or whether related by blood or law) or members of the same households (whether related by blood, law or not) of such employee, officer or director are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes or be awarded a Prize (as defined below). All federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations of the United States apply. This Sweepstakes is void in New York, Puerto Rico, any US territory and/or possession located outside of the fifty (50) United States, and wherever else prohibited by law.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The 2018 RENEWING BROADWAY SUBSCRIBER GETAWAY TO NYC SWEEPSTAKES (the “Sweepstakes”) begins 12:00 a.m. CST on 1/25/19 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on 3/15/19 CST (the "Sweepstakes Period").
3.METHOD OF ENTRY: There are two methods of entry: (i) you will be automatically entered if you renew an existing season subscription in an Eligible Market during the Eligible Dates (as defined below); or (ii) you may enter by accessing the Sweepstakes’ official entry form during the Sweepstakes Period at https://americantheatreguild.com/sweepstakes. When prompted at the applicable Entry Site, provide the information requested on the official entry form in its entirety including your first name, last name, complete legal address, city, state or province, zip code, telephone number (including area code), date of birth and email address (the “Entrant Information”) in order to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. You must complete the entire official entry form in order to be eligible to win. Only one entry per Entrant will be accepted into the Sweepstakes. Entries submitted or completed by anyone other than the Entrant are void. No mechanical reproductions or automated entries will be accepted. In the event of multiple entries, the first entry by an Entrant will be accepted and all other entries from that Entrant will be deemed void. Any attempt by an Entrant to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different email/postal addresses, accounts, telephone numbers, identities, and/or any other method employed to circumvent the letter and spirit of these Official Rules, may result in disqualification of that Entrant from participation in this Sweepstakes. The Sponsor will not verify receipt of your entry into the Sweepstakes. All entries submitted, become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
To be automatically entered, you must renew your 2019-20 Season subscription in an eligible market (“Eligible Market”) during the early bird period dates (“Eligible Dates”) listed below. New Purchases of 2019-2020 season tickets, mini subscriptions and flex packages are not eligible for automatic entry.
*The Eligible Markets and corresponding Eligible Dates are:
Birmingham, AL: Wednesday, February 20, 2019 through Wednesday, March 06, 2019
Col Springs, CO: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 through Monday, March 04, 2019
Eugene, OR: Thursday, February 07, 2019 through Thursday, February 21, 2019
Kansas City, MO: Monday, February 04, 2019 through Monday, February 25, 2019
Phoenix, AZ: Thursday, February 14, 2019 through Tuesday, March 05, 2019
Riverside, CA: Monday, February 11, 2019 through Wednesday, March 06, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA: Tuesday, February 19, 2019 through Friday, March 15, 2019
South Bend, IN: Friday, January 25, 2019 through Tuesday, February 26, 2019
Thousand Oaks, CA: Tuesday, January 29, 2019 through Friday, March 01, 2019
Toledo, OH: Monday, February 11, 2019 through Monday, March 04, 2019
Wichita, KS: Tuesday, February 19, 2019 through Tuesday, March 05, 2019
4. WINNING/ODDS: The odds of winning are contingent upon the number of qualified entries received by Sponsor during the Sweepstakes Period. On or about March 25, 2019, a random drawing will be conducted by Sponsor from amongst all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period to choose one (4) Potential Prize winners (each, a “Potential Winner” and collectively the “Potential Winners”).
5. PRIZE(S) (each a “Prize” and collectively, “Prizes”): One (1) Prize Package consists of the following:
Round-trip coach airfare for two from and return to the major gateway airport nearest the Winner’s home city (as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) served by Southwest Airlines to either New York City LaGuardia or Newark International airport (as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion)
•Hotel or apartment accommodations for two persons for three (3) nights at Sponsor’s sole discretion; if hotel is selected, it will be rated three stars or higher at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
•Tickets to three (3) Broadway shows at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Effort will be made to honor Winner’s request, subject to availability.
The Approximate Retail Value of the Prizes is US $4,000. Actual retail value will depend on each Winner’s place of residence, date and time of travel and airfare fluctuations. Winner will not receive difference between approximate and actual retail value. NO PRIZE SUBSTITUTION WHATSOEVER BY POTENTIAL WINNER. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any portion of the Prize with a prize of equal or greater value. The value of a Prize is taxable in the United States as ordinary income to the Winner who is solely responsible for the payment of all taxes levied, including, but not limited to federal, state and local income and/or gift taxes. All unspecified and/or related travel, parking, meals, gratuities, travel upgrades and any other unspecified costs and expenses associated with the acceptance or use of the Prize are the sole responsibility of Winner. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
Prize Travel Dates offered to Potential Winner are subject to Sponsor’s sole discretion; provided travel must be completed by November 13, 2019. If Potential Winner is not available to travel during the Travel Dates as specified by Sponsor, Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate. Winner’s travel companion must be of the age of majority unless such Winner is travel companion’s parent or legal guardian. Winner and travel companion must travel on the same itinerary and travel companion must sign a travel/liability release in a form furnished by Sponsor prior to ticketing. Sponsor is not liable for delays, cancellation or unforeseen events related to the flights. Winner and travel companion will be solely responsible for obtaining valid identification relating to acceptance and use of the Prize package. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates.
6. WINNER SELECTION/NOTIFICATION: Potential Winner will be notified by telephone or email on or by April 2, 2019 before 5:00 p.m. ET (“Notification”). Potential Winner must respond to the Notification within forty-eight (48) hours from when it is placed or sent (Sponsor will retain time stamp of telephone and email transmissions). If the Potential Winner does not respond in accordance with these Official Rules, or if he/she is otherwise ineligible as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, an alternate Potential Winner will be selected from among the remaining eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period, and he/she will be notified as outlined above. As required by law, rule or ordinance, the notification process will be undertaken by Sponsor until a Potential Winner is determined. The Potential Winner will be required to complete and return the Required Documents as set forth below.
7. PRIZE CLAIMS: Except where prohibited by law, a Potential Winner must submit proof of identity, a valid passport (for the Prize) and execute and return to Sponsor an affidavit of eligibility/liability/publicity release (the “Release”), IRS Form W9 (or the Canadian equivalent), submitted with a copy of government issued identification with photograph [e.g. a valid passport]) (the “Required Documents”). You will deliver the Required Documents to Sponsor in two (2) ways (I) by mailing the original Required Documents to Sponsor at the address set forth below; and (ii) via Facsimile or email (a facsimile number or email address will be provided by Sponsor), regardless of method chosen by Potential Winner, the Required Documents are to be postmarked, in the case of postal mail, or time stamped, in the case of email or facsimile no later than five (5) business days after Notification by Sponsor. In Sponsor’s sole discretion, a Potential Winner will forfeit the right to claim a Prize and an alternate Potential Winner will be selected in accordance with these Official Rules from among the remaining eligible entries for that Prize if the selected Potential Winner (i) fails to verify eligibility for the Prize in the time required by these rules, (ii) fails to return Required Documents within five (5) days after Sponsor sends the blank Release and W9 to the Potential Winner, (iii) either fails to accept the Prize or declines the Prize (or advises that he/she cannot accept, receive or use a Prize pursuant to the conditions prescribed herein) , or (iv) fails to comply with the Official Rules.
8. USE OF NAME AND LIKENESS: By entering this Sweepstakes, Winner consents to Sponsor’s use of his/her name, image, likeness, picture, portrait, address (city and state), biographical information, voice and or any statements made by such Winner regarding the Sweepstakes or Sponsor (regardless of method of production) for advertising and promotional purposes worldwide, in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereafter developed, without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. No more than one prize package will be awarded. If the Potential Winner is Canadian, he/she will be required to submit the Required Documents.
9. GENERAL: All federal, state and local taxes levied on account of a Winner are the sole responsibility of such Winner. In the event it is deemed during the verification process that a Potential Winner does not have a unique, personal and valid social security number (except for a Winner who is solely a Canadian resident), or has otherwise failed to fulfill any conditions or requirements under these Official Rules, such Potential Winner will be disqualified and will forfeit the Prize, and an alternate will be selected randomly. By participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrants agree: [a] to abide by, and be bound by, these Official Rules; [b] to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, and each of their respective officers, directors, managers, employees, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, members, shareholders, insurers, servants, divisions, predecessors, successors, representatives, dealers, distributors, advertising, Sweepstakes, and fulfillment agencies, including the consultants and legal advisors (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind including liability for personal injury or death resulting from the participation in this Sweepstakes or Winner’s acceptance, use or misuse of a prize awarded pursuant to these Official Rules; Winner assumes the risk associated with the participation in this Sweepstakes and the use of the Prize awarded; and [c] that the decisions of Sponsor relating to this Sweepstakes and the Prizes shall be final and binding in all respects, including without limitation the interpretation of these Official Rules.
Released Parties shall not be liable for [i] electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction of this Sweepstakes; [ii] unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials; [iii] technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions; and [iv] limitations of any kind or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof.
Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, incorrect, damaged, misdirected, or illegible entries or any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Released Parties that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted, corrupted, postponed or cancelled. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that the Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to, by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrant or Sponsor. Entries that contain false information, are incomplete, inaccurate, forged, defective, or made outside authorized ways, including those which have failed due to malfunction or failure of phones, phone lines, telephone systems or networks, server, providers, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof of any kind, any human error or otherwise, shall be void. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. If, for any reason whatsoever, this Sweepstakes, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, is not capable of being executed in accordance with these Official Rules, including, but not limited to, by reason of infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause which, in the Sponsor’s sole judgment, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and limit entries to those submitted prior to the action taken by Sponsor, or to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event of a dispute about the identity of an Entrant, the online entry will be assigned to the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry.
“Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom an email address is assigned by either an Internet Service Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. Google, business or educational institution) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain name associated with the submitted email address. Federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations may apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES. ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEYS’ FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE AND/OR THE SWEEPSTAKES, DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATES WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
11. CHOICE OF LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of Entrants’, Sponsor or the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Missouri, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. The parties hereby consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Jackson County, Missouri in any action to enforce (or otherwise relating to) these Official Rules or relating to this Sweepstakes.
12. SPONSOR: AMERICAN THEATER GUILD, INC, 9001 State Line Suite 110, Kansas City, MO 64114
13. PRIZE PROVIDER: AMERICAN THEATRE GUILD, Inc., 9001 State Line Rd. Suite 110, Kansas City, MO 64114
14.WINNERS’ LIST REQUEST: To receive name of prize winner, send a self-addressed, stamped (business size) envelope to: AMERICAN THEATRE GUILD, INC ATTN: 2019-20 BROADWAY GETAWAY TO NEW YORK CITY SWEEPSTAKES Winners List, 9001 State Line Rd. Suite 110, Kansas City, MO 64114 to be received by Sponsor on or before 5:00 p.m. CT on May 30, 2019.
15. RULES: You may also obtain a copy of these Official Rules by mailing a self-addressed stamped envelope (except for residents of Maine, Vermont and Tennessee) to AMERICAN THEATER GUILD, INC. ATTN: 2019-20 RENEWING BROADWAY GETAWAY SWEEPSTAKES Official Rules, 9001 State Line Rd Suite 110, Kansas City, MO 64114. A request for these Official Rules is to be received by Sponsor or before 5:00 p.m. CT March 1, 2019. This offer shall not be published without permission of the Sponsor.