What is Staging the Future?
STAGING THE FUTURE is a program created by The American Theatre Guild to foster passion, inspire creativity and empower youth in our communities. The program enables young people in underserved communities the ability to experience live theatre and provides access to education opportunities.
The program is funded by the generosity of The American Theatre Guild season members and donors. We are committed to providing the magic of live musical theatre to all students and children.
What schools and organizations are eligible to participate?
- Title I schools
- Organizations that serve students/children of whom at least 50% are considered low-income, at-risk, or otherwise under-served youth
- Organizations that serve students/children of which at least 50% have special needs
What does Staging the Future offer?
- Tickets to select Broadway Series shows for students/children and one chaperone (1 per every 10 children). For students/children with special needs, tickets for additional chaperones are provided.
- While fully funded tickets is always the goal – funding may only allow subsidized tickets for your group.
- Unfortunately, Staging the Future cannot provide transportation.
Can extra tickets be purchased?
Yes, additional tickets can be purchased at a standard group rate for family members of students/children or additional staff. Discount subject to show approval.
To apply for Staging the Future or if you would like to be added to our mailing/email list. Please fill out the form by clicking on the button below.