Kansas City Broadway Series FAQ
Masks are required to be worn by all patrons while in the venue. Other COVID-19 related health protocols may be in effect at the time of performance, including, without limitation, required: temperature checks, testing, confirmation of prior travel to restricted areas and/or confirmation of no known symptoms of and exposure to COVID-19.
We reserve the right to unilaterally make changes to health protocols according to updated public health guidance and applicable law. Future updates will be provided to ticket holders prior to the performance. Any ticket holder who does not comply with any COVID-19 related health protocol may be required to leave the theater, and his/her ticket will not be refunded.
Please note: All events are being planned at full capacity, subject to applicable law and governmental approval.
Season Subscriptions, and all Tickets and Additional Tickets purchased under any Subscription, are subject to the Broadway Across America® Standard Season Subscription Terms and Conditions posted on our website at BroadwayAcrossAmerica.com/SubscriberTerms. By purchasing a Season Subscription, you agree to such Terms and Conditions. Prices, shows, artists, dates and times are subject to change at any time without notice.
Good news! At the Kauffman Center, you no longer have to leave purses over 12" at coat check or in your vehicle as long as they meet the security policy guidelines.
For information regarding the security screening process at all Kauffman Center for the Arts shows, please visit this link and view details under “Security Screening Process”. For all Music Hall shows, a bag check will be imposed upon entering the theater.
The official ticket seller for all Kansas City Broadway Series shows is either Ticketmaster.com or KauffmanCenter.org. All other websites selling tickets are being sold through a third party for inflated prices, and in many cases, your ticket purchase cannot be guaranteed. Look at the address bar of your browser to confirm it indicates Ticketmaster.com or KauffmanCenter.org. The best way to purchase tickets and learn more about each show is through BroadwayInKC.com.
The Ticketmaster Arts Line has been reactivated and is dedicated to theatre and Broadway tour production sales and support. For any questions regarding a single ticket purchase, call 800.982.2787.
Season Members can exchange tickets for another performance of the same production. Please note - while we make every effort to place you into comparable seating for exchanges, this cannot be guaranteed. Seating is very limited for the 2018-19 Series.
FOUR WAYS TO EXCHANGE:
1.) Conveniently online by logging into your account
2.) By calling us at 816.421.7500
3.) In-person at The American Theatre Guild offices (9001 State Line Rd, Suite 110, Kansas City, MO 64114)
4.) By mail; ensure that tickets are sent with enough time to arrive 24-72 hours before your showtime; any tickets which arrive after that time will be ineligible for exchange.
There is also a $1 per ticket exchange fee or $3 online exchange fee, and when exchanging from a lower to a higher priced section, the price difference will not be refunded when processing the exchange. Exchange policies subject to contractual terms with touring companies.
*exchange policies subject to contractual terms with touring companies
No. Another benefit to being a season member is at renewal time, you can elect to pay for your subscription with easy payments. Renew online, by phone or by invoice before the deadline and request the "Payment Plan" option as you send in the appropriate payment. We are happy to customize a payment plan to your needs. Members who are part of our Automatic Charge Renewal Program have the option for payment plans as well. Learn more here.
Contact the Kansas City Broadway Series if you need to change your address. Address changes can only be made by the account holder. If you are relocating, please send a letter including your Kansas City Broadway Series account number, your old and new address and telephone change (if applicable) and mail it to 9001 State Line Road, Suite 110, Kansas City, MO 64114. We are not responsible for items not forwarded by the post office.
Yes, it is possible to give your seats to a friend. You just need to contact Kansas City Broadway Series by calling 816.421.7500 and provide your friend’s complete information and send that along with the payment before the renewal deadline.
Request your seat, time or performance change when you renew your season ticket(s). In order to be considered for an upgrade, you must renew your season account by the renewal deadline. Seat upgrades become available when other season members choose not to renew or change the day they attend. In fairness to everyone, all requests are processed by date-received. We try to honor each request, we cannot confirm seat availability until the renewal process is complete. The more flexible you are (location, performance day/time, etc), the better the chance we can fulfill your request. Once an upgrade request is fulfilled, you cannot return to your old location, as that seat was given to another patron.
Requests should be made online by logging into your account. During the renewal period, every seat has the opportunity to be renewed. When the deadline passes, we open up all the seats that aren’t renewed. Then, those who requested a change are notified with an “online upgrade time” where you can login to your account and choose from available seating. Generally, this is about 2 weeks after the renewal deadline.
Seating changes are made in the order in which payment was made to renew seats. So, the sooner you renew your seats, the closer to the top of the list you will be. Keep in mind, seating options from one year to the next all depend on current season members renewing. If every patron in front of you renews, you will not have the opportunity to move forward. Renewals in the theaters’ premium areas are very high, so it is more difficult to make changes in those areas.
If you are out of town or unavailable during this process, there are several options available. The best is to give us your contact number during that time. We will email you when it’s your turn to go online and make your seating change within your account. You could designate a friend to authorize changes on your behalf that we could call during that time. You can also tell us when you make your seating request that you authorize the ticketing office to choose the best seats available per your request. Our staff is very knowledgeable about the seating, and if we know what you want, we can recommend the seats to suit your request.
We are unable to hold your seats without payment in full or a partial payment with a payment plan or $50/seat deposit. If accounts are not paid or partially paid by the deadline, seats are released. Any returning season members would be considered as new accounts and seated with the best available locations at that time.
Although we are unable to offer refunds on shows previously seen, we may be able to help. Season members may swap out of one show in the season package and into one of the season add-on shows. Swaps are available in the summer. Please call us at 816.421.7500 with any questions.
Splitting season accounts can be done if the current account holder makes this request to our office before tickets are mailed. Complete address information on the parties’ involved need to be included with their payment in full.
For security purposes, only the person whose name is on the account may access information or order additional tickets using that account number. We are happy to provide additional tickets to any Kansas City Broadway Series show for your family and friends, but the request must come from the account holder or a designated person given permission to speak on behalf of the account holder previously arranged with the box office.
New! Season tickets will now be digital, available via your account. Season tickets will no longer be mailed. If you request hard tickets, a fee may apply. Contact the box office for more information.
ACCOUNT MANAGER FAQ
- To exchange the night of a season show, or to swap into a season add-on, Click Exchange/Swap/Transfer Tickets.
- Select the event and the seats you want to exchange. This will pull up a list of the shows you can exchange/swap into. Select the event you want to exchange into.
- A seating chart for that event will appear. Highlight your desired sections and the available seats will appear.
- Select the seat(s) you want by clicking on them.
- You will get a summary of your old seats and your new seats. Confirm this is what you want to do.
- Select method of delivery-mail or mobile. Click Continue.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions and click Submit.
- You will receive an email confirmation. Please confirm your order.
- To begin forwarding your tickets to someone, click Exchange/Swap/Transfer Tickets.
- When your shows are displayed, hit Transfer at top and check the show you want to transfer.
- Hit NEXT
- Select the seats you wish to transfer and hit NEXT.
- Here you can add a New Recipient or select the current one if the desired recipient is listed. Please Note: If you are sending to a new recipient, you must have their name and email address.
- After selecting your recipient, you will be given the option to include a message. Once you have completed your message, or if you wish to skip this step, hit transfer
- Once you have transferred the tickets, the recipient will receive a notification email and has until the day of show to accept the tickets.
- You will receive an email when the tickets have been accepted.
To buy tickets to the season add-on or additional tickets to a season show, click Buy Tickets.
- Click Select for the event you want to purchase. A seating chart of the theatre will appear.
- At top left, you can add (+) or subtract (-) the number of seats you want to purchase.
- When you highlight a section of the theater, the available seats will appear.
- Select the seat(s) you want by clicking on them - this will put them in your shopping cart.
- Hit Continue and Proceed to Checkout. If you want additional tickets, click Continue Shopping.
- Confirm your contact information, make changes if needed. Click Continue.
- Select a delivery method- mail or mobile delivery. Click Continue.
- Select to pay in full or use a payment plan. Select Payment method and enter card info. Note: If your account has a credit, you can choose to apply it towards payment amount.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions and click Submit Order.
- You will receive an email confirmation. Please confirm your order.
MOBILE TICKETING FAQ
Tickets that are accessed through your smartphone. Broadway in KC is encouraging patrons to switch over to mobile ticketing as it is a more secure and easier way to manage tickets, along with a contactless experience.
Connectivity may be intermittent at the theatre; we encourage you to view your tickets on your mobile device and add them to your Digital Wallet (Apple Wallet or Google Pay for androids) before heading to the show.
Currently mobile tickets are not visible on your account, they will be made available later this fall, please check back here for instructions when they are available.
Using your cellphone - Login to your Account at: BroadwayInKC.com
Click "Manage Tickets"
Click on the "View Tickets" - your mobile tickets should show up on this screen.
Click on each event to Download to your Digital Wallet on your phone.
No, screenshots of tickets will not be accepted. We highly recommend saving your mobile tickets to your Apple Wallet or Google Pay prior to arriving at the theatre.
- Using your cellphone - Login to your Account at: BroadwayInKC.com
- Click "Manage Tickets"
- Click on "Transfer"
- Complete the information to send tickets - you must have the email address of the person you are sending tickets to.
- They will receive an email that you've transferred tickets to them.
- The recipient must follow that link and accept the transferred tickets.
- The recipient* is now the owner of these seats and can download them to their Digital Wallet on their phone. (*Please recommend downloading them to their wallet prior to the performance so they don’t have difficulty entering the theater.)
Yes. All patrons should enter at the same time using the tickets displayed via your Broadway In KC account on Ticketmaster, Apple Wallet, or Google Pay on your mobile device. If members of your party are arriving separately, then you will need to transfer the ticket they will be using for entry to them via your Broadway In KC account on Ticketmaster. The recipient of the tickets will need to create a Broadway In KC account on Ticketmaster to receive the tickets (they do not need to purchase Season seats to create an account).
No, all 2019-2020 events were canceled.
No. If tickets were already printed, then your Broadway In KC account on Ticketmaster will display the existing barcode. If tickets have not already been printed, then your Broadway in KC account will generate a barcode when the tickets are retrieved.
No. If tickets were already printed, then your Broadway In KC account on Ticketmaster will display the existing barcode via a mobile device.
No, the ticket scanners are unable to scan printed mobile barcodes.
No, the screen is too large and the scanners are unable to scan those barcodes.
No. Tickets retrieved on your mobile device logged into your Broadway In KC account on Ticketmaster will now be considered printed. The tickets will not be available for pickup at the box office. You should present the ticket displayed in your Broadway In KC Account on your mobile device to be scanned for entry at the theatre.
The printing fee is $2.00.
We encourage you to charge your device before you come to the theatre, but you may always go to the box office for assistance.
Go to the Box Office and they will assist you with a seat locator for your tickets.