About The American Theatre Guild
The American Theatre Guild is a not-for-profit, tax-exempt, civic performing arts organization dedicated to providing the experience of live theatre to foster passion, inspire creativity and empower youth within our communities. Presenting national tours of Broadway musicals in performing arts centers around the country, The American Theatre Guild provides an important cultural resource to more than 35,000 season members and 250,000 patrons each year.
The American Theatre Guild presents National Broadway Tours and professional touring productions to the following communities:
- Birmingham, AL
- Colorado Springs, CO
- Eugene, OR Presented by Theater League, Inc.
- Kansas City, MO
- Phoenix, AZ
- Riverside, CA
- Santa Barbara, CA
- South Bend, IN Presented by Broadway Theatre League of South Bend, Inc.
- Thousand Oaks, CA
- Toledo, OH Presented by Theater League, Inc.
- Wichita, KS
Performing arts centers and historic theaters play host to the organization’s Broadway musicals and plays. Related activities include special performances for students of the performing arts, which feature question and answer sessions with theater artists and our Staging The Future program, which brings at-risk youth to the theater for special educational and cultural opportunities.
Staging The Future
Staging The Future is a program designed to introduce young people to the magic of live Broadway Theater by giving them an opportunity to attend select productions at a special subsidized student discount. The program is unique in that it is supported and wholly funded by the generous donations of our season subscribers and sponsors. By offering discounted tickets, Staging The Future is able to give many children and young adults their first opportunity to experience live Broadway musicals and cultivates their appreciation for the arts.
The American Theatre Guild Staff Directory
- Amy Hamm, Executive Director
- Andy Brown, Advertising Associate
- Bethany Nesbitt, Senior Director of Marketing
- Caroline Meinzenbach, Graphic Design Associate
- Catherine Cone, Director of Ticketing
- Craig Aikman, Senior Group Sales Manager
- Debbie Davis, Senior Director of Business Affairs
- Geoff Pottorf, Box Office Assistant
- Heidi Hurtig, Associate Senior Season Marketing Manager
- Ian York, Website & Technology Assistant Manager
- Jennifer Dunnaway, Advertising Manager
- Jessi Wohlfarth, Graphic Design Manager
- Josh Stevenson, Email & Social Media Associate
- Karen Billingsley, Senior Coordinator Representative
- Laura Henrickson, Manager of Database Inventory
- Liz Conant, Director of Ticketing & Patron Services
- Michael Hudgens, Presentation Manager
- Patrick Lewallen, Digital Marketing Manager
- Pete Weber, Senior Operations Director
- Rachel Reese, Senior Season Marketing Associate
- Reida York, Associate Senior Director of Advertising
- Robin Harman, Senior Programming & Contracts Associate
- Ryan Fortney, Senior Coordinator Representative
- Sally Milgram, Marketing Communications Account Manager
- Tracie Brandow, Office Manager
The American Theatre Guild is looking for bright, energetic interns and volunteers to help in a variety of different aspects of touring Broadway, such as marketing, public relations, graphic design and production. We can work together to explore the areas you are most interested in gaining experience. If you’re interested in finding out more information about this program, please contact us using our Contact Form.
All internships are based in our offices in Kansas City, Missouri.
Street Team Membership
Theater League is looking for volunteers to help with productions coming to your city. This is a perfect chance to be involved with theater productions and enjoy the thrill of live theater! If you think you might be interested in helping us on the ground, this would be the perfect experience for you!
If you’re interested in finding out more information about this program, contact Theater League at 800.776.7469 or email email@example.com
12th Street Jump
Where Count Basie tickled the ivories at the Reno Club and Big Joe Turner shouted the blues. Where cats like Lester Young, Mary Lou Williams, Buster Smith and the Bird lit up a strip of clubs, juke joints and honky-tonks with their brand new sound. 12th STREET JUMP brings back that great era of Kansas City jazz on public radio’s weekly jazz, blues and comedy jam. Hosts Eboni Fondren and Pete Weber, musical director Joe Cartwright, vocalist David Basse, bassist Tyrone Clark and drummer Doug Auwarter and some very special guests serve it up every Saturday night at midnight, live! where the joint’s always jumpin’ at the Black Dolphin Room in Midtown Kansas City. Join us live! on KCUR FM 89.3 or play your favorite show from the 12th STREET JUMP archive. If you’re not in Kansas City, ask your public radio station to carry 12th STREET JUMP — every week, from PRX – the Public Radio Exchange.