HAMILTON EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES
ABOUT THE HAMILTON EDUCATION PROGRAM
The Hamilton Education Program, affectionately known as EduHam, started in 2016 with funding from the Rockefeller Foundation. It is a collaboration between the producers of Hamilton, the Miranda Family, and the Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History. EduHam has provided hundreds of thousands of high school students in the United States with the opportunity to engage in an innovative curriculum about the Founding Era and to attend the musical Hamilton. They can explore the world of Hamilton and America’s founding era together, ultimately creating and performing their own narratives in the form of a song, rap, spoken word, or scene.
In the fall of 2019, EduHam went digital and the EduHamOnline program was launched. This is a free online Founding Era history education program available to all schools with students in grades 6–12 and their families across the United States.
- A 3- to 5-day lesson plan implemented by teachers in the classroom.
- Access to an online resource portal hosting a wealth of materials.
- A project that requires students to create original songs, poems, and dramatic scenes inspired by their analysis of primary-source materials and lyrics from the musical.
"Using this program the past two years has totally changed the way I approach analyzing primary sources in a way that my kids are 100% engaged. I cannot say enough good things about this program. I am very honored to have been a part of it, and my students are so reaping the benefits!"
21-Year Veteran Teacher and Participant in The Hamilton Education Program
There is even an app available on both IOS and Android that includes the following opportunities.
- Enter the lottery to win the opportunity to purchase $10 tickets
- Read articles about what’s going on behind the scenes at Hamilton
- Answer daily Hamilton trivia
- Sing Hamilton karaoke
- Purchase Hamilton merch
- Take photos using Hamilton-themed filters
- And more!
Ham4Progress is a community highlighting social justice causes, a gathering place for meaningful discussion, and a platform for organizations we want to support and progress we want to make. Run by a diverse collective of Hamilton cast members and staff, this is where we inspire our community, our fans, and ourselves to action.
AREAS OF FOCUS:
- CIVIC ENGAGEMENT
- RACIAL JUSTICE
- GENDER EQUALITY